- All visitors to our website and customers who have subscribed to the services we offer ("you" and "your").
- All Employees (permanent and fixed term) and contractors.
- PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
- Certain information collected on registration (such as your name, email address and phone number), and optional information that you voluntarily provide to us.
- Information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- Permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- Non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including (without limitation) any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you register online or place an order for any of our services.
- Name, surname, company name, company registration number, VAT number.
- Postal address, email address, telephone number, postal code.
- Unique user ID, password.
- Collection on use.
- Optional details.
- Content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website.
- When you enter competitions.
- Take advantage of promotions.
- Respond to surveys.
- Register, and subscribe for certain additional services.
- When you send us an email.
- Use the optional features and functionality of the website.
- Collection from browser.
- Your internet protocol address ("IP Address").
- Browsing habits and click patterns.
- Version of software installed, system type, screen resolutions, colour capabilities, and plug-ins.
- Language settings and cookie preferences.
- Search engine keywords.
- The content and pages that you access on the website.
- The dates and times that you visit the website, and paths taken.
- Time spent on sites and pages within the website ("usage information").
- We use session cookies (which disappear after you close your browser)and persistent cookies (which remain after you close your browser which can be removed manually) and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website.
- We use information gathered by cookies to improve the website.
- Web Beacons.
- Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon.
- Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor, or share any of your personal information.
- We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
- MANNER IN WHICH YOUR DATA WILL BE USED
- Mint collects your data so that we can process your orders and manage your accounts and email you with any special offers on other products and services that we think you might like.
- If you agree, Mint will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
- When Mint processes your order, we have the option to send your data to and use the information from credit reference agencies so that we can prevent fraudulent purchases. This is to protect both us and you.
- We may use any service information and optional information provided by you for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such optional information.
- We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- Remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website.
- Monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will only retain your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned unless retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or you have consented to the retention of the record.
- During the period of retention, we will continue to abide our non.disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
- Mint would like to send you information about our services that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
- If you have already agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
- You have the right at any time to stop Mint from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data other members of our company group.
- If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click on the link provided in the footer.
- DATA & YOUR RIGHTS
- You are entitled to the following:
- Right to access: You have the right to request Mint for copies of your personal data. We may charge a small fee in exchange for these copies.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request Mint to correct any information that you believe is inaccurate and you also have the right to request Mint to complete any information that you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request Mint to erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict Mint from processing your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Mint′s processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability: : You have the right to request that Mint transfer the data that we have collected from you to another company or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, Mint has one month to respond. If you would like to make a request in reference to any of the rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com! or call us at: +27 (0)11 856 4400.
- Please note that to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we do take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
- PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
- We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Please take note that you must accept all the terms of this policy when you register for any of our services or become employed or contracted to Mint.
- If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not be eligible for employment as we will not be able to use your data.
- You may not access our website or use our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
- By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
- We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change(s), you must stop using the services.
- If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you, and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
- CONSENT TO COLLECTION
- In accordance with applicable law; and
- At the time you provide us with any registration information and optional information.
- We may send administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website.
- In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages.
- You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
- Service Providers Our service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit Bureaus Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Banking Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the Services to receive payments and you meet their criteria).
- Regulators. If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may disclose your personal information as required of by law or governmental audit.
- Law enforcement. We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public;
- to prevent violation of our terms of service.
- Marketing purposes. We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
- Change of ownership. If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
- Employees. We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF SOUTH AFRICA
- We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country to carry out our contractual duties.
- Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa.
- You hereby consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
- ENFORCING YOUR RIGHTS
We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use and protect information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person ("personal information").
You provide us with most of the data that we collect. We collect and process data when you do any of the following:
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information. This personal information will include:
To provide the Services to you, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis such as ("Service information").
You may also provide additional information on a voluntary basis ("optional information"). This includes
We automatically receive and record Internet usage information on our hosting company′s server logs from your browser, such as:
Please note that other websites visited before entering our website might place personal information within your URL during a visit to it, and we have no control over such websites.
Accordingly, a subsequent website that collects URL information may log some personal information.
When you access our website, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer to collect certain usage information.
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a "single-pixel gif" or "web beacon" request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies.
When we process your data as part of a contractual or statutory requirement such as for employment purposes or as part of carrying out contractual duties.
Mint may also receive your data indirectly when you contact one of the companies in our group.
Mint would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
Messages and updates.
We protect your personal information using computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to protect personal information, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
If you wish to report a complaint or feel that Mint has not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact our Data Protection officer through the company (www.mintgroup.net) or the Information Commissioner′s Office as located in the area of jurisdiction that you are in.